MY GOOD NEWS!!!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009











Today is a day Carson has been looking forward to for a few days. We finally got chickens. Mark, Bryce and Carson made the chicken coop over the weekend. They are very proud of it. We were able to get four nice healthy hens from a lady in LaVerkin. I think I might just love having these little chickens because they are babysitting my chickens! We even got our first egg tonight. Carson has carried the egg around all night. Mark said "Do you think it will hatch?" Carson said "I am just so proud of this egg..." Hopefully we will have more and the novelty will wear off. I don't want Carson carrying around all of them! We plan on getting more chickens from an old farmer in our ward by the end of the week. We hope to get a duck real soon as well. During our good news minute last night Carson said, "I like how mom says let's get some chickens and then we just get em! When mom has an idea she does it!" That was a great compliment from Carson even if it was about chickens! Welcome to our little farm life! :>

2 comments:

Alan said...

I don't know much about egg layin'
but is do know you can't be carrying around an egg for days and days!
Looks like a lot of fun for everyone.
Hope you are all doing well.

Dianna said...

What lucky chickens to be adopted by the Drawe family! I just want to know - did Carson let you make him eggs for breakfast?